Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be part of the SGS Polymer Solutions team? Now may be your chance to find out!
We are currently seeking an Associate Chromatography Scientist to join our team. This position is responsible for performing analysis using chromatography methods and instruments and assisting with the operations of the Chromatography Lab.
- B.S. in Chemistry
- 1-2 years of industry experience or equivalent undergraduate research
- Some experience with set up and calibration of chromatography instruments or equivalent
- Some experience in preparation and running of samples on chromatography instrumentation or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills specific to technical report writing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entry-level professional position involved in day to day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (Quality Procedures, Work Instructions, Standardized or Compendial methods).
- Completes work under PSI Quality System requirements.
- Create and maintain detailed lab record documentation (notebooks and computer based) according to GMPs.
- Assists experienced scientists by carrying out detailed steps of client projects through assigned tasks.
- Able to accomplish analytical work for simple projects paying attention to detail.
- Peer Review expectations include but are not limited to approving lab notebook pages, checking data entry, and sequence checks.
- Have a working knowledge of Qualtrax (or similar Quality Control Software) to perform duties under technical guidance including, but not limited to: initiating workflows for training, deviations, and investigations, and document check-out, revision, and submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Computer Skills-the individual is experienced in the use of standard computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Communication-the individual possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, presenting information in a logical and organized manner.
- Attention to Detail-the individual carefully follows procedures, and maintains thorough and detailed records in the laboratory notebook.
- Quality-the individual understands and works within the PSI quality system in the performance of all work, exhibiting accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety and Security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and requirements.
- Organization-the individual maintains an organized work environment and uses and improves systems to benefit the company and the other staff with which they work.
- Integrity-the individual acts with honesty and makes ethical decisions when faced with any situation.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, prioritizes well, responds to management directions, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Growth-the individual shows flexibility and interest in other opportunities to contribute to the corporate
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for SGS Polymer Solutions Incorporated:
We are an independent lab-testing company that specializes in testing polymers, plastics, metals, gases, and more. We adhere to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements and maintain compliance to FDA regulations because we serve clients in the medical device, pharmaceutical, aerospace, defense, packaging, and consumer products industries (among many others.)
We have recently been acquired by SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
We take pride in ourselves for having a fantastic company culture! Our motto, work hard play hard, is something we firmly believe in and live out through weekly company breakfasts, annual celebrations, and other intentional events. In addition, we offer full-time employees competitive salaries, a strong benefits package, and discount gym memberships.