**This position is no longer open.**
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be part of the Polymer Solutions team? Now may be your chance to find out! We are currently seeking a full-time Physical Lab Scientist to join our team. This position is responsible for performing analysis using thermal, physical, and microscopy methods and instruments.
- Familiar with testing equipment such as SEM, Mechanical Testing, Hardness Testers.
- Familiar with preparing samples for microscopy (polishing, etching, etc).
- Familiar with fractography and failure analysis
- A B.S. degree in Materials Engineering or a related science.
- Expertise in metals and failure analysis.
- Able to write Method Validation/Verification Protocols and Method Validation/Verification Reports, based on a risk analysis, according to FDA/ICH guidelines.
Other Required Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Computer Skills-the individual is experienced in the use of standard computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Communication-the individual possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, presenting information in a logical and organized manner.
- Attention to Detail-the individual carefully follows procedures, and maintains thorough and detailed records in the laboratory notebook.
- Quality-the individual understands and works within the PSI quality system in the performance of all work, exhibiting accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety and Security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and requirements.
- Organization-the individual maintains an organized work environment and uses and improves systems to benefit the company and the other staff with which they work.
- Integrity-the individual acts with honesty and makes ethical decisions when faced with any situation.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, prioritizes well, responds to management directions, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Growth-the individual shows flexibility and interest in other opportunities to contribute to the corporate.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working for Polymer Solutions Incorporated:
We are an independent lab-testing company that specializes in testing polymers, plastics, metals, gases, and more. We adhere to ISO 17025 Requirements and maintain compliance to FDA regulations because we serve clients in the medical device, pharmaceutical, aerospace, defense, packaging, and consumer products industries (among many others.)
We take pride in ourselves for having a fantastic company culture! Our motto, work hard play hard, is something we firmly believe in and live out through weekly company breakfasts, annual celebrations, and other intentional events. In addition, we offer full-time employees competitive salaries, a strong benefits package, and discount gym memberships.