Ensure your packaging is fit for purpose.
We have over 35+ years of experience in providing packaging analysis and testing to support quality control and risk assessment for our clients. Inadequate testing of package design materials can result in costly damage and tarnish a brand’s reputation. Failure to comply with regulations can also trigger major delays. Our services ensure that your packaging is fit for purpose and does not compromise your product.
Packaging technology is complex because packaging material needs to display an array of physical traits, ranging from strength to chemical properties. Testing is helpful to determine whether your product is functioning as designed or for discovering why your product is not meeting specifications. It is also used to demonstrate that packaging materials are following mandated regulations.
We utilize a wide variety of capabilities to meet the needs of our packaging clients. These include:
- Extractables and leachables testing.
- Competitor product deformulation and comparative analysis.
- Delamination and film adhesion analysis.
- Film layer analysis; watch our video.
- Elemental composition of film layers.
- Identification and composition determination of particles contained within films.
We are also experienced across multiple product categories, and commonly provide packaging analysis and testing on medical device and medical products, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, consumer products, cosmetics, and pet products.
Packaging we have worked with include:
- Pharmaceutical packaging
- Medical device and medical product packaging materials
- Microwaveable food packaging
- Snack food containers
- Cosmetic containers
- Metallized films
- Product labels
- Plastic bags
- Candy wrappers
- Pet food containers