Litigation Testing Support from Polymer, Metal, and Plastic Experts
SGS PSI can perform testing only in support of litigation cases. We can not represent any clients or offer opinions.
Relevant services are provided to each client by assuring that we understand the unique background surrounding the case, and our specific role and assignment in the case.
We carefully execute each task necessary to maximize the impact of our contribution. We are frequently called upon to provide litigation support for civil and criminal cases involving:
- Patent Infringement
- Trade Secret Theft
- Personal Injury or Death
- Product Liability
- Manufacturing Defects
Additionally, our compliance with the time-critical demands of litigation, our 24/7 availability to the legal team, and our willingness to adapt to midstream strategy changes offer an additional level of value to our clients. Coupled with the context and content of our work product, skilled communication serves to enhance the effectiveness of the entire legal team. At SGS PSI we understand that there is a huge difference between litigation-oriented expert reports and other types of technical publications.
We also understand that there is a difference between an academic lecture and legal testimony. We know that a specific communication style is required during a deposition, and a distinctly different communication style is appropriate during a trial. In particular, our polymer, metals, and plastic experts strive to explain the significance of scientific findings in simplified, yet accurate terms. We appreciate the educational diversity of a jury and have a strong desire to explain case-critical opinions in a compelling, non-condescending manner.
SGS PSI has key strengths that are critical for reliable litigation support.
- Degreed scientists utilizing the scientific method
- An on-site inspection room, custom designed based on our decades of experience
- Scientists with decades of experience
- The ability to implement objective standard test methods or develop custom test methods on-site
- Third-party independent certification and accreditation of the Quality System and Management System to the ISO 17025 International Quality Standard
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities on-site
- Strategic alliances with other support facilities
- Strict adherences to confidentiality