Our independent and reliable testing services support product quality and patient safety for organizations in the pharmaceutical industry. We have over 35 years of experience in providing testing and analysis for pharmaceutical drugs and devices through four broad approaches; testing raw materials, evaluating manufacturing procedures, testing finished pharmaceutical products, and performing chemical identity tests.
Our pharmaceutical analysis and testing services include:
- Combination device testing
- Drug analysis
- Excipient testing
- Lot release testing
- Raw material testing
We work with standard test methods and will develop and validate custom methods for your specific needs. SGS PSI is FDA registered and offers cGMP testing services on large or small projects. We are also DEA licensed for schedule 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, and 5 drugs.
Analysis for Many Purposes
Our pharmaceutical analysis serves a variety of purposes. It is often used to identify the chemical composition and molecular structure of each individual substance contained in a medication. This knowledge provides insight into a drug’s performance and safety considerations. Pharmaceutical testing can reveal a pharmaceutical’s solubility and can predict the medication’s ability to reach a specific target within the body. Testing may even reveal contamination in the manufacturing production process or highlight other, previously unknown risks with the formulation.
Another application of pharmaceutical testing is to provide insight into patent violations such as stolen formulations, or other litigation support.
We Cover the Pharmaceutical Testing Lifecycle
There are many stages at which pharmaceutical testing and analysis are required. Typical needs in the pharmaceutical industry include:
- Testing prior to scaling up production to retain color, flavor, and acceptable appearance.
- Testing for health and safety regulations, such as sterility and toxicity requirements.
- Testing for efficacy and performance expectations.
- Testing for conformity issues against standards such as chemical identity, strength/potency, quality, and purity.
- Testing to determine why a pharmaceutical product or its medical packaging has failed.
How can we help your company solve its next pharmaceutical testing challenge? Contact us to learn more.